Black Women's Alliance, 2016
Black Women's Alliance Mission
Established in 1997, the MIT Black Women's Alliance (BWA) aims to:
- Provide a forum to address the needs and concerns of Black women undergraduate students at MIT;
- Promote the awareness of Black women's issues in the MIT community through activities designed to increase the visibility of Black women on campus;
- Encourage interaction with other campus groups;
- Encourage the scholarship of Black women at MIT; and
- Promote activism, unity, friendship, and community.